domingo, 18 de noviembre de 2012

Boarding gate butterflies....

Boarding gate @ Punta Arenas (Chile) A strange feeling. As if I were afraid of experiencing some kind of rejection or hostility, once in my final destination, not due to something I may have said or done -for which I should clearly assume responsibility- but for the citizenship or passport I bear since I was born. Exactly the same as when one of ours hassles an American or a British (or a Brazilian, or a Chilean) for the same reason, losing perspective...that we are all simple people. I feel I am coming to (self)prove that the opposite -courtesy between people despite dispute in other levels- is not only possible, but what MUST happen. And that any conflict between people due to causes that have got nothing to do with them on a personal level, but that belong to another order altogether, is nothing more than an absurd loss of distance. I personally believe in such 'coexistance despite differences', in breaking barriers between people, those barriers imposed by nationalities, colours and flags (and, moreover, the past sins of OTHER people). So, as a voluntary Guinea pig, it is there where I am diving into, going for my empirical experience in a place where it can most sensitively can affect me. In the name of self transparency, this is one of the most powerful drivers of my journey. As if it were about proving myself a belief that, until today, I have only kept on a theoretical ground.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario